Omega 3 Fish Oil for Dogs vs Humans. Is there a difference?
Answer: No, there is no difference. Fish Oil supplements for humans are the same for dogs and cats. What you need to understand is the proper dosage to give your pet. You can take a look at the chart here to make sure.
1. Are Fish Oil Supplements Safe for Dogs?
Clinical studies show that many of the same benefits of Omega 3 fatty acids can be applied to our beloved pets. If you haven’t been supplementing your pets’ diet with Omega 3 Fish Oil perhaps its time you did.
Fish oil supplements contain EPA and DHA (or eicosapentaenoic acid and docosahexaenoic acid). Both EPA and DHA are omega-3 fatty acids that can be found in fish like mackerel, salmon, sardines, cod, herring, anchovies, and albacore tuna. Mackerel and Salmon pack up to 4,000mg of Omega 3’s per serving and contain many other key nutrients needed in a healthy diet.
2. Benefits of Omega 3 Fish Oil Pills for Dogs and Cats
1) EPA, found in Omega 3 fish oil is a powerful anti-inflammatory. It helps support & reduces inflammation of the entire body.
2) If your dog or cat is experiencing itchy skin, dandruff, and allergic reactions then fish oil will surely help ease it.
3) If your dog or cat is shedding there is a chance that they are not getting enough Omega 3 fatty acids. Omega 3 fatty acids not only promote a shiny & healthy coat it can reduce shedding.
4) DHA found in Omega 3 supplements are the perfect prenatal aid for your pets. If your pet is pregnant or nursing, the brain & eye development aid can be highly beneficial for the offspring.
5) Because of its strong anti-inflammatory properties, fish oil supports the reduction of arthritis in dogs and cats. Studies have shown that out of 127 dogs with arthritis, the ones regularly taking fish oil supplements were a lot more active and agile.
3. What is the proper dosage of Omega 3 Fish Oil Pills for Dogs?
Please contact or consult your veterinarian before giving omega-3 fatty acids to your cat or dog.
|Dog Weight (lbs.)||Dog Weight (kg.)||Recommended Maximum Dose |
(EPA + DHA)
4. What’s the best Omega 3 Fish Oil supplement for Dogs?
The best fish oil supplement for dogs is one with a high EPA/DHA concentration. Caraway Vitamins Omega 3 Fish Oil contains over 1,500mg of EPA/DHA per serving. Each softgel has over 75% omega 3 fatty acids in it. A high concentration of EPA & DHA will save you ALOT of money over time since one of our softgels equates to four softgels of competitors. You can purchase by using this link here.